Friday, August 13, 2010

FOOD PARTY!!!!





I am going to start taking pictures of my meals. I really mean it. If I make a particularly delicious Paleo meal, I am going to post a picture of it on this blog. The inspiration for this new venture into food photography came from some delicious burgers I made earlier this week. I should have taken a photo of them, but at the time I was young and naive and this brilliant idea was but a twinkle in my eye. Oh, well. I also have a great appetizer recipe that has made me even more popular at social gatherings than I was before( if you can even believe that.) So lets consider this our first FOOD PARTY!!! From now on, any time I come up with two or three outstanding recipes, I will post a Food Party on here to share the recipes as well as photos with my millions and millions of followers. No pictures of food today :( But you can't get mad because YOU'RE the one who showed up empty handed!

FOOD PARTY MENU



JALAPENO BACON BUTTER BITES
. (I just made that up. When these little treats eventually take the world by storm, I will rename them something much more jazzy. Like, SNAPPING TURTLES.)

INGREDIENTS

Whole jalapeno peppers ( I usually buy 8. Makes 32 Snapping Turtles.)
One jar of Trader Joe's Raw Creamy Almond Butter
One package of nitrate/nitrite free bacon.
Some butter to grease your baking sheet.

DIRECTIONS

-Get yourself some latex gloves. Cutting jalapenos makes your hands burn like hell.

-Cut the tops off jalapenos and slice them into 4's so they look like little boats. If cut correctly there will be a little groove in the middle (almost like celery) where you are going to put the almond butter.

-Fill the little grooves with almond butter!

-After all have been filled with almond butter, wrap each in a half a piece of bacon (try not to spill the almond butter) and secure with a toothpick.

-Line up on buttered cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bacon is brown.

-Bring them to a party and make SO MANY NEW FRIENDS.


FIESTA BURGERS. (They have salsa in them and I like to party.)

INGREDIENTS
1lb ground beed
Jar of salsa
Bottle of Italian dressing
Salt
Butter

-Put on “The Cup of Life” by Ricky Martin

-Put ground beef in a bowl.

-Mix in salsa (any kind will work. I would say a half a cup, but I didn't measure)

-Throw in some salt

-Mix in a couple good pours of Italian dressing. I used Olde Cape Cod Sundried Tomato and Basil. It tastes like a basic Italian dressing, just a little sweeter. If you can find it, use it. If not, no big deal.

-Smash it all around with your hands.

-Form it into 4 burgers and throw it in a frying pan full of melted butter. Use as much butter as you want.

-Cook for a total of about twelve minutes flipping whenever you want. Keep pan covered when you aren't flipping to make your burgers juicy and delicious!



I hope you like these recipes. I also hope you had fun at the party. Have a good weekend everyone! Stay safe, stay happy and if you can't stay Paleo...at least try!

No comments:

Post a Comment